China is one of the most notorious countries in the world when it comes to censorship and mass surveillance. By having access only to a highly censored Internet, getting the information you want can be quite hard in China. And if you’ve ever been searching for a way to access blocked services in this country, you’ve probably stumbled upon lists of recommended VPNs for China. However, what about getting a China IP address? Can you use those VPNs to get a Chinese IP address right now? Well, we have an up-to-date list of VPNs that offer just that, so join us as we explore your best options.
Before we get to our recommendations, let’s take a quick detour. Maybe you’re asking yourself if these VPNs are worth their price, and should you even use them? Well, allow us to remind you of some of the most recent developments in China. At the moment, there are massive Web censorship attempts related to the Tiananmen anniversary. This has prompted China to block Wikipedia as well. There are also attempts to block cryptocurrency mining, lottery-related applications, and let’s not start talking about a new set of laws allowing China to pen-test anyone in the country. All of these are excellent reasons to use a VPN and to learn how to get a Chinese IP address that will hide and protect everything you do online.
So, to be perfectly clear, we’ll teach you how to get a China IP by using a VPN that has servers in this country. This means that by getting a Chinese IP, you’ll continue to use the Web like you normally would – but your Web traffic will be encrypted. You need to know that very few VPNs offer servers in this country, which is why we’re here to help. And if you’d like to go beyond the Chinese digital borders (if you want to unblock websites), check out the best VPNs for China that allow you to go beyond the Great Firewall.
Finally, here are the 3 simple steps to get a Chinese IP address:
- You first need to choose which VPN to use. Our strong recommendation is to consider using ExpressVPN, and we’ll list the reasons why (down below).
- Next, purchase your subscription, and then download, and install the VPN application. Then, log-in to the chosen VPN by entering your user credentials.
- Finally, select a server in China and connect to that server. And that’s how you’ll get a Chinese IP, the easy way.
Step 1 – Choose Your VPN
We’ve prepared three suggestions for you. So, here are quick overviews of each of the following VPNs. Make sure to read them carefully.
|ExpressVPN||$12.95 per month||symmetric encryption scheme||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|HotSpotShield||$11.95 per month||elite network encryption||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|VyprVPN||$12.99 per month||end-to-end encryption||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|HideMyAss||$12.95 per month||advanced encryption standard||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|CyberGhost||$12.99 per month||advanced encryption standard||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|NordVPN||$11.95 per month||advanced encryption standard||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
|SurfShark||$11.95 per month||advanced encryption standard||Save up to %50 on yearly plans||click here||Read Review|
Step 2 – Subscribe to a VPN
Before you get your Chinese IP, you need to be an active VPN subscriber. Since we’ve picked ExpressVPN as our recommended option, here’s how to subscribe to this VPN. Choose the plan that you like the most. We’d like to highlight that you’ll find some hefty savings in ExpressVPN’s long-term plans. For example, the annual plan lets you save 66%, or you can save 77% via its long-term plan. Of course, you can also go with the monthly plan if you’d like to take things slow.
- Finalize the payment process by selecting the preferred payment method and filling out your personal details.
Step 3 – Get a Chinese IP Address
All there’s left is to download and install ExpressVPN, so let’s show you how this is done. Here’s what you need to go to finalize this process.
- You can download the official ExpressVPN app from its official website. Click on ‘Our Apps’ on the main menu, and choose your preferred platform.
- Once downloaded, make sure to install the app. During the initial launch, supply your username and password in order to log-in.
- Finally, make sure to choose China on the list of available servers. After a few moments, ExpressVPN will connect you a server in this country and secure your connection in the process. And that’s who you get a Chinese IP address!
We sincerely hope that you now know how to get a Chinese IP. In case of any questions, make sure to post your comment below. Also, don’t forget that you can subscribe to our socials on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks!